Acuity Brands, Inc. recently announced the 2022 charitable donation recipients of their “EarthLIGHT in Action” philanthropic campaign, which challenged and inspired their Independent Sales Network to get involved and give back to their communities. The top participating agencies selected a charity meaningful to them to receive a $10,000 donation in their honor from Acuity Brands, resulting in additional local charitable impacts.
In Fiscal Year 2022, the agents completed philanthropic activities to positively make a difference on local communities, the environment, and each other – directly benefiting over 160 organizations with a “Think Global, Act Local” mindset. Each group took a different approach with their outreach and chose activities reflecting causes valuable to their local communities, including fundraising, clothing collection, blood drives, beach cleanups, toy donations, and more. Many were already active and embraced the opportunity to do more, which inspired others to get involved.
Highlights of the top participating agencies and their non-profit organization of choice are:
- Boston Light Source – ALS Association
- Davis & Associates – Lake Street Works
- Gasser Bush – MCHS Family of Services
- KSA Lighting & Controls – Tiger Woods Foundation (TGR)
- Performance Lighting Systems – Jessie Rees Foundation: NEGU
- San Diego Lighting Associates – San Diego Food Bank, Rady Children’s Hospital
- Louis Lighting Group – Cancer Support Community of St. Louis
- Symmetry Lighting – Mamas for Mamas
- West Michigan Lighting & Controls – Streams Healthy Neighborhood Hub
“The campaign was widely successful and quickly exceeded our original goals for engagement and visibility to the impact being made across local communities,” said April Appling, VP Digital Marketing & Channel Enablement, Acuity Brands.