Your firm completed a successful lighting project with a prominent role for lighting controls in the past several years. Now it’s time to earn industry recognition and valuable promotion for your firm by applying for a LightSPEC Design Excellence Award. Sponsored by the Lighting Controls Association and produced by Endeavor Business Media, this design award recognizes innovative use of lighting controls.
As a premier media partner, LEDs Magazine will cover the Design Excellence Award winners in a featured article, with additional exposure in partnership with other Endeavor Business Media brands.
Honorees will have made inroads into integrating quality solid-state lighting with carefully considered controls schemes, exemplifying their combined benefits. The awards program will recognize projects that exemplify lighting design excellence and leverage innovation in controls by:
* significantly increasing energy efficiency
* simplifying end-user system management
* providing actionable data for improving operations and occupant health and comfort
Projects must have been completed between Jan. 1, 2019 and the present day. Judges will consider entries based on some combination of the following:
* Complexity of design objectives and innovation of specified solutions
* Functional needs, such as zoning, dimming, daylight management, white/color tuning, data collection/analysis capabilities
* Environmental goals, standards, code requirements, and/or certifications achieved
* Delivering accessible and optimal illumination in underserved areas/spaces (as relevant, mainly outdoors)
* Integration of lighting control and other building systems as relevant
* Visual support, community enhancement, safety, entertainment value, environmental responsibility as relevant (more intangible factors)
Awards will be presented during the Opening Session at the inaugural LightSPEC West conference and exhibition scheduled for September 21–22, 2022 in Los Angeles, CA. LEDs Magazine and other Endeavor Business Media brands will publicize the winning projects on websites, in newsletters, and/or on social media channels. Winners will receive a physical trophy and be provided with an awards logo to leverage their recognition.
Click here to submit a project.