The DesignLights Consortium recently announced the new membership of its Industry Advisory Committee (IAC), an 18-member body that will support the mission and strategic direction of the DLC to drive efficient lighting through education, collaboration, and expertise in 2021 and 2022.
As outlined in its charter, the IAC’s activities include consideration of DLC business updates, programs to promote lighting quality, utility program best practices for lighting energy efficiency, and ongoing opportunities, challenges, and potential risks related to advancement of energy-saving lighting technologies.
Its members include representatives of various sectors of the lighting industry, including designees from the top six solid-state lighting (SSL) manufacturers as determined by the number of products on the DLC Qualified Products Lists (QPL) as of September 1, 2020. Those members include Tanya Hernandez of Acuity Brands, Anthony Serres of Signify, Bob Smith of Cooper Lighting, Jay Swaris of Visionaire Lighting, Eric Walker of Hubbell Lighting, and Jeremy Yon of Current by GE.
Other members of the 2021-2022 IAC include:
• Two designees representing lighting distributors: Greg Erich of Premier Lighting and Marc Hodges of Sonepar USA;
• Three designees representing lighting controls manufacturers with Networked Lighting Controls QPL-listed systems: Chip Poland of Enlighted Inc., Pekka Hakkarainen of Lutron Electronics, and Michael Davidson of Synapse Wireless;
• Two designees representing medium manufacturers (250 to 1,000 employees) with products listed on the SSL or Horticultural QPL: Ravi Parikh of RAB Lighting and Carol Jones of Axis Lighting;
• Three designees representing small manufacturers (fewer than 250 employees) with products listed on the DLC’s SSL or Horticultural QPL: Owen VandeVelde of EiKO Global, Don Lincoln of Lumecon, and Corrine Wilder of Fluence by OSRAM;
• One Lighting Designer (North America, West Region): James Benya of Benya Burnett Consultancy; and
• One Lighting Designer (North America, East Region): Edward Bartholomew of Bartholomew Lighting.
Click here to learn more.