McGuire Engineers’ John Yoon, PE, LEED AP ID+C recently contributed an article to CONSULTING-SPECIFYING ENGINEER citing 10 reasons why lighting controls commissioning may fail. It’s an excellent piece with plenty of helpful observations and guidance.
* Understand the owner requirements
* Write a clear sequence of operations/controls narrative
* Understand the capabilities of the system being specified or substituted
* Facilitate communication between different disciplines to ensure effective integration
* Involve the controls manufacturer in pre-construction planning
* Review specifications and substitutions for compatibility
* Conduct pre-functional inspection and functional testing and separate activities, before occupancy
* Ensure the owner receives training and documentation
Click here to read it.