When used in the home, sensors can save up to 20% lighting energy. Sensors are commonly used in kitchens, laundry rooms, kids’ rooms and garages.
The product offers numerous breakthroughs in this market, including:
For use with all bulb types and all load types
* works with incandescents, halogens, CFLs, LEDs, magnetic low-voltage, electronic low-voltage and linear fluorescents
* working with all these bulb types simplifies the selection and installation processes, as they’re installed the same way as a light switch or dimmer – no additional wiring required
Advanced XCT Sensing Technology
* Lutron’s proprietary sensing technology offers reliable on/off performance up to 30 feet from the sensor
* eliminates background interference that could trigger the sensor to turn on when not needed
* detects fine motion to avoid having the lights inadvertently turn off
Ambient light detection
* detects natural light, so lights turn on only when needed, saving energy
* will learn your preferred light level for a specific room and turn on only if needed to get to this preferred level.
Sleek design complements a home’s décor
* overcomes common homeowner objection of unattractive design
* offers a clean look and feel and coordinates with other Lutron Maestro family products
Sensors can function in two modes:
* sensor automatically turns lights on when entering a room
* sensor automatically turns lights off when room is vacant
* great for laundry rooms, garages, kitchens
* manually turn lights on when entering a room and sensor automatically turns lights off when room is vacant
* great for bedrooms, kids’ rooms, rooms with pets
Two models of the Maestro occupancy/vacancy sensor switch are now available – one version for small rooms and one for large rooms. Sensors are priced at $29 and $41, respectively, and are available now at home improvement centers, lighting showrooms, electrical distributors and online.