The Integrated Home Competition recently announced the 2022 award-winning products at the CEE Industry Partners Meeting. The judges selected 17 innovative connected home devices that demonstrate the four tenets of the CEE Integrated Home Initiative: energy savings, demand flexibility, consumer amenity, and security.
In 2022, the Competition evaluated and awarded entries in residential connected lighting, heating and cooling, thermostats, water heating, window attachments, electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE), and an open category for other connected home devices.
The judging panel included individuals with expertise in usability, interoperability, energy efficiency program administration, product installation, specific technology performance, sales, and design. Entries were demonstrated remotely or installed in-person at the UL Lighting Test Laboratory in Allentown, PA. The judges carefully considered the detailed product submission information and observed the entries’ operation and user interfaces. Winners were selected for their ability to elegantly embody the tenets of the CEE Integrated Home.
• Winner: ClimateMaster Trilogy QE Geothermal Heat Pump with iGate2 Intelligent Communicating Controls
• Winner: Enel X Way JuiceBox 48
• Winner: Robur Corporation GAHP A Gas Absorption Heat Pump
• Winner: Swidget Smart Controls
• Winner: Tricklestar Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat and Water Heater Controller
• Honorable Mention: Hunter Douglas Duette® Honeycomb Shades with PowerView® Automation
• Honorable Mention: Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US (METUS) Deluxe Wall-mounted System with H2i plus® and kumo touch™
• Honorable Mention: Orro One and Orro S
• Honorable Mention: VRV LIFE with Daikin One+ Smart Thermostat
• Honorable Mention: Wallbox Pulsar Plus
• Special Recognition for a Retrofit Solution: Alea Labs Smart-Air™
• Special Recognition for Diagnostic Capabilities: Trane Residential XV20i Heat Pump with Trane Link
• Special Recognition for Efficient Technology: Bosch 500 Series Heat Pump Dryer
• Special Recognition for Low-GWP Refrigerant: Daikin ATMOSPHERA with Daikin One+ Smart Thermostat
• Special Recognition for Utility Partnership: Hilo Services Inc. Smart Home Solution
• Special Recognition for Value Proposition: Acuity Brands Juno® Smart Downlight Series
These award-winning products will be recognized at additional industry events over the coming months, including the American Lighting Association Annual Conference, EUEC, AHR Expo, AERC Fall Meeting, and HARDI Annual Conference. The products will also be showcased on the Integrated Home Competition website, as well as promoted by select CEE member energy efficiency program administrators through local offerings.
Congratulations to all winners! Click here to learn more.