Today, the Integrated Home Competition announced awards for 17 high quality and innovative designs that exemplify the four tenets of the CEE Integrated Home: energy savings, demand flexibility, consumer amenity, and security.
In 2021, the Competition evaluated 39 entries in residential connected lighting, lighting controls, ceiling fans, plug load controls, space heating and cooling (HVAC), thermostats, water heaters, pool pumps, window attachments, and other connected home devices that successfully deliver a positive consumer experience, energy management, and grid benefit.
The Judging Panel included individuals with expertise in usability, interoperability, integrated demand-side management (IDSM) program administration, product installation, specific technology performance, sales, and design. Entries were demonstrated remotely or installed in-person at the UL Lighting Test Laboratory in Allentown, PA. The Judges carefully considered the detailed product submission information and observed the entries’ operation and user interfaces. Winners were selected for their ability to elegantly embody the tenets of the CEE Integrated Home.
• Grand Prize Winner: Sinopé Technologies Home Energy Management Ecosystems.
• For heating, cooling, and water heating, the judges awarded three winners: Carrier Infinity® 26 Air Conditioner with Greenspeed® Intelligence & Infinity® 24 Heat Pump with Greenspeed® Intelligence, Emerson Sensi Touch Smart Thermostat, and Rheem® Proterra™. Honorable Mentions were awarded to the Rheem® Prestige® Series EcoNet® Enabled Variable Speed 20 SEER Heat Pump & Rheem® Prestige® Series EcoNet® Enabled Modulating 98% AFUE Gas Furnace and the Rheem® Maximus™. A Special Recognition for Innovation in Design and Engineering was awarded to the iFLOW HVAC Inc. iFLOW Hydronic Furnace.
• The judges selected the Hayward® TriStar® VS 950 Omni® & Hayward® TriStar® VS 900 Omni® Ultra-High Efficiency Pool Pumps (HL32950VSP & HL32900VSP) as the variable speed pool pump Winner.
• In the lighting, lighting controls, and ceiling fans categories, the judges awarded one winner, the Good Earth Lighting, Inc 240-Degree LED Smart Motion-Activated Flood Light. Honorable Mentions were awarded to the Good Earth Lighting, Inc 24-ft Indoor/Outdoor LED Smart RGBW Strip Light Kit, Legrand Smart Lighting with Netatmo, and Minka Aire Windmolen. A Special Recognition for Innovation in Design and Engineering was awarded to the WAC Lighting STRUT, and a Special Recognition for Innovation in Safety was awarded to the Modern Forms ULTRA Smart Fan.
• For window attachments, the judges awarded a Special Recognition for Innovation in Design and Engineering to the Rollease Acmeda Automate® Motorized Roller Shades Interior.
• The judges also designated the Connected Life Labs Smartdry as a winner and awarded a Special Recognition for Resiliency to the Savant Power inCharge™.
These award-winning products will be recognized and announced at upcoming industry events, including the HARDI Annual Conference and Lightovation: Dallas International Lighting Show. Additional promotion will occur throughout the winter and spring at venues such as the AHR Expo, CEE Winter Program Meeting, RESNET Conference, ACEEE Hot Water Forum, and National Home Performance Conference. The products will also be showcased on the Integrated Home Competition website, as well as promoted by select CEE member energy efficiency program administrators in local offerings.