Leviton recently announced a new partnership with the electrical training ALLIANCE (etA), the nation’s largest electrical training organization. The five-year agreement will bring funding, training kits, instruction, and technical expertise through traditional and digital training curriculum platforms.
Leviton’s commitment brings physical and intellectual resources including the Leviton Wiring Device Identification and Installation Program, a new educational component of the etA blended learning model. The program will include instruction beyond basic installation such as wireless communications and protocols, programming and more. Its subject matter will be conveyed utilizing 3-D illustrations, video segments and hands-on instruction. All etA apprentices and training centers will have access to the assets and resources provided by Leviton, which include:
- Wiring device endowments and training kits for regional etA chapters known as Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committees (JATC’s). Each kit demonstrates features and installation requirements.
- Factory technical support provided at the local level to regional JATC’s.
- Support to etA’s National Training Institute (NTI) held annually at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- $5000 Scholarship grant to a deserving NTI Graduate as part of the etA’s Advanced Studies Program.
- Financial support of NTI logistics and operations.
- Site use at Leviton Live Experience Centers for etA personnel. Access offers the opportunity for etA to conduct regional meetings as well as experiential learnings with cutting-edge electrical equipment installed in real-world applications.