The Leviton Smart Load Center was named Best Home Technology Product winner during the 2019 NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS), held February 19 – 21, 2019 in Las Vegas. As part of the Best of IBS Awards, this recognition highlights the Leviton Smart Load Center as one of the best new products in home building for 2019. With over 300 entries submitted in nine award categories, 31 industry and media judges considered each product’s innovation, design, functionality and usefulness to the builder and homeowner when selecting the Best of IBS 2019 winners.
The next generation Leviton Load Center’s circuit breakers install the same as the standard version and communicate with a Wi-Fi or Ethernet enabled data hub located at the panel. The hub securely transmits circuit breaker data to the homeowner’s router and the Leviton cloud. The internet connectivity set up is simple, automatically discovering and sensing each of the smart, connected circuit breakers through the My Leviton App.
Using the company’s My Leviton App, users can:
- Monitor electricity usage per branch circuit or appliance,
- View usage trends and estimate their electricity bill,
- Setup alerts to be notified when a circuit breaker has tripped and why, or if an appliance has been on or off for a user-defined amount of time,
- Be assured the load center’s smart circuit breakers are receiving the latest firmware updates,
- Remotely turn off a branch circuit breaker to shed loads.
All this data will be shared in real time to the homeowner’s smart device, giving them even more control over their energy consumption, alerting them of trips and easing the diagnostic process for contractors.
To see the latest version of the internet connected Leviton Load Center, click here.