The IoT-Ready Alliance™ recently introduced its first specification, The IoT-Ready™ Interface Specification V1.0. The Specification defines a socket that allows any type of Internet of Things (IoT) sensor or control module to connect seamlessly to a luminaire or other building system. The standard is network-protocol independent, which enables IoT-Ready™-compliant products to utilize any networking protocol, either wired or wireless, and is suitable for all LED lighting and building control networks.
Alliance co-founders Tridonic and Enlighted were reported to announce their first products based on the new specification at LIGHTFAIR.
- Specifies all interface elements: mechanical, electrical and software
- Provides a complete family of interoperable solutions to Smart Building IoT interface problems
- Allows in-field retrofit, replacements and upgrades without disassembly
- Specification is developed under a Royalty-free license
- Works with any network protocol including Thread, BLE, ZigBee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, IP/Ethernet etc.
- Is backwards compatible with legacy lighting controls
- Can be implemented with traditional lighting controls until IoT is needed
- Provides a low-cost option to future-proof luminaires or other system components in buildings
- Suitable for a range of applications, from simple low-cost lighting control to high-end IoT sensing
Click here to learn more.