Daintree Networks® recently announced that is has collaborated with Peerless Research Group (PRG) on behalf of Modern Materials Handling and surveyed hundreds of warehouse professionals to better understand how enterprises are embracing and adopting the Internet of Things (IoT).
The results showed that while IoT adoption is clearly still in its early stages, over 10 percent have programs underway or in the planning stages, and 30 percent acknowledge that IoT is a reality today in the industry. These findings along with other results in the survey support that the IoT is now moving from concept to practical application in the industrial and warehouse environments.
Key Survey Results
• 91% have ‘green’ or ‘environmental’ initiatives implemented or planned
• 70% have plans to or are implementing new lighting, fixtures and/or controls
• 32% leverage lighting and thermostat controls to manage employee comfort
• Only about 3% believe the Internet of Things (IoT) is hype
• About 60% believe the IoT is important for improving overall operational efficiencies
• 47% noted “lack of budget” as the key hurdle to achieving their operational goals
• About 45% do not have visibility into their energy usage
• 21% have no idea of what they’ll spend on energy management
Click here to download the executive summary.